ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPH AND TITLE

THIS PROFILE PICTURE IS A PAINTING BY SAMUEL BAK. THE TITLE IS "INTERRUPTION". THIS BLOG IS ABOUT CHILDHOOD ABUSE, THE DESTRUCTION IT CAUSES AND HOW I FEEL A CONNECTION TO HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Smash 365: I AM THE OWL




Smash 365:  I am the Owl




Prompt:

“. . . Human beings already are animals. But becoming fully conscious of our animal nature and identifying with the lives of nonhumans is a way to increase our awareness that animals share the Earth with us, that they are made of the same fiber as we are, that they are our kin. Writing from the viewpoint of an animal puts us in touch with minds that are starkly different from our own — an excellent way of growing our creativity and intensifying the kind of understanding we can call writers’ empathy.

Select any animal that you are fascinated with and consider life through that animal’s eyes. What does he see? What does he think of what he sees? Write in first-person point of view and capture that animal’s inner thoughts in a particular setting.

How can this exercise help you better convey the inner thoughts and motivations of others you might be writing about?”



I am the owl.  I am the creature who awakens in the darkness.  My vision is unlimited.  I hear all things below as I am perched above the earth on my branch.  You, however, will not hear my arrival for I fly in silence.  But, you will know the wrath of my search.  I will swoop down and capture you with my claws and take you with me back to my darkness.  If you do not fight me, you will learn that you have great vision.  You will learn to see in the darkness.  No one will be able to deceive you.  No one will be hidden from your vision.  Your wisdom will become known not only to you but to all those around you.  The Truth will become known to you, for you will no longer be blinded by your darkness.



This is my gift to you as my fellow traveller on the earth.  Take heed of my generosity and you will learn to survive in your darkness.  Your insight will be heightened and you will never be fooled again.  Your lesson will be to thrive in adverse situations and come to see the illusion that others will try to make your reality. 


1 comment:

  1. Liked the concept of comparing with an animal..
    Nice read as ever !!

    Visiting after a long time. I wish u doing fine.

    ReplyDelete