To be an artist one has to find beauty in ordinary things. Find 10 things of great beauty in the landscape that surrounds you. For example, crumple sheets on your bed in the morning, the smell of coffee making its way around a busy office.
(Author: Ana Guardia)
1. I love the sound of the chimes that are hanging from my ceiling fan.
2. I love the touch of the keyboard as I type every word.
3. I love the smell of my Scentsy burner.
4. I love the sight of the trees as I gaze out the window.
5. I love the taste of the hot coffee I sip.
6. I love the sound coming from my iPod.
7. I love the touch of the breeze gently caressing my face from the fan.
8. I love the smell of my dog when she wakes up and asks to be let out.
9. I love the sight of the shadows on the wall.
10. I love the taste of my breakfast.
“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”~~Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.”~~Kahlil Gibran
For me beauty comes from all the senses. If you are aware, if your heart is open, you can find beauty in almost anything. Oddly enough, I was sitting in a lobby and noticed a very small spider crawling around on the table. As I observed its behavior, I was amazed. It would crawl around for a while and then suddenly stop, raise its ‘head’ like it was looking around—checking out its surroundings, then move on.
It looked similar to this picture:
|Copyright: S. Karthikeyan|