ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPH AND TITLE

THIS PROFILE PICTURE IS A PAINTING BY SAMUEL BAK. THE TITLE IS "INTERRUPTION". THIS BLOG IS ABOUT CHILDHOOD ABUSE, THE DESTRUCTION IT CAUSES AND HOW I FEEL A CONNECTION TO HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

LOST IN THE FIRE

Lost in the Fire

6/16/1995
Poems from the Past

 

The hours pass so slowly.

Days turn into fearful nights.

Cowering in the shadows,

Walls of darkness constrain me.

The struggle to live is never-ending.



So many memories;

Pain and anger lurk just beyond my conscious thoughts,

Always there waiting to claim me.

As I try to impugn the sordid truth,

There is no escaping the scenes—they are impending.



At night, they come slithering

Into the desert of my mind,

Poisoning my sleep with their venom;

Plunging me into the depths of hell,

Impossible to deny the messages they are sending.



Lost in the fire each second is an eternity.

The hope of being delivered from the flames

Is crushed, as I am cast deeper into darkness

From memories I long desperately to make untrue.

Each day is spent isolated and wretchedly pretending.



Weary and full of dread,

Slowly life drains from my being.

The truth becomes a distant dream

As I succumb into the darkness.

With shallow regret, I feel my self descending…

Into the fires of tempering.

No comments:

Post a Comment