ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPH AND TITLE

THIS PROFILE PICTURE IS A PAINTING BY SAMUEL BAK. THE TITLE IS "INTERRUPTION". THIS BLOG IS ABOUT CHILDHOOD ABUSE, THE DESTRUCTION IT CAUSES AND HOW I FEEL A CONNECTION TO HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WHY WE WRITE


Writing...

These writings are our journey to find the 'self'.  Writing is the only 'voice' we have to talk about the pain we have endured.  We started this blog, in hopes to find others who have endured similar experiences and in hopes to find a connection to the 'outside' world.  That continues to be our mission.  Everyone has their own path in this world.  Everyone is unique and sees life through different lenses.  So, I am not here to compete.  I am not here to win a popularity contest.  And as I write these words, I realize that some people may take offense.  This is not my intent.  Our only hope for writing this blog is to help release the pain.  If someone is helped by this, then I say 'Alleluia'.  I am not trying to guide anyone to travel down the same path on which I am treading.  Only you can decide what will help you heal.  Only you can determine what is best for your soul.  There is a Hebrew Proverb, "Physician, heal thyself."  But in this case I will say to all of you, 'Teacher, heal thyself.'  We all have something to teach...something to contribute.

Have a safe journey. 
The End.

2 comments:

  1. I am on this journey with you..As always...XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bongo...Please take care of yourself. I worry about you! Rest...take a break. It can be overwhelming at times.
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete