ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPH AND TITLE

THIS PROFILE PICTURE IS A PAINTING BY SAMUEL BAK. THE TITLE IS "INTERRUPTION". THIS BLOG IS ABOUT CHILDHOOD ABUSE, THE DESTRUCTION IT CAUSES AND HOW I FEEL A CONNECTION TO HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

30 Day Creativity Challenge Day 2



For a couple of months I have been trying to create my own 'space' in one of our extra rooms.  It is still a work in progress, but this is a picture of some of the things that give me inspiration and help me start my day feeling calm and centered.

I have one of my Samuel Bak posters "Elegy III" 1997.  Samuel Bak is a Holocaust survivor.  His paintings are full of symbolic meaning.  For several years now, I have been a follower of his work.  There is something that draws me into his paintings.  While I have never met him personally, I feel a spiritual connection to him.  It is hard to explain.  Here is a close-up of the picture.
Elegy III, 1997 Samuel Bak


Of course, I have my ANKH reminding me to listen to my intuition; a Celtic Cross in memory of my Irish heritage; a Cross that my cousin made for me; peacock feathers; a picture of the Virgin Mary; an Angel light; Isis; White Tara; Buddha; sea shells; my Scentsy burner; candles; my sleeping child Angel; my stuffed animals for the 'children' within; and to the left of the table is a statue of 'The Lamb of God'.  This statue used to be in the Catholic school I attended which has since closed many years ago.  It was donated in honor of a cousin I never met...as she died when she was three from diphtheria many years ago.  The table itself belonged to my paternal grandmother.  Here is a close-up of the table.


So, here is day two of my Creativity Challenge.  This challenge will help motivate me to finish my room!!

Peace!
Nico


No comments:

Post a Comment