ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPH AND TITLE

THIS PROFILE PICTURE IS A PAINTING BY SAMUEL BAK. THE TITLE IS "INTERRUPTION". THIS BLOG IS ABOUT CHILDHOOD ABUSE, THE DESTRUCTION IT CAUSES AND HOW I FEEL A CONNECTION TO HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

JUST AN INNOCENT PICTURE? 30 Day Creative Challenge (Day 4)




This is a picture that I have hanging in my room.  It is very old; possibly 60 years or more.  It belonged to my maternal grand-parents.  So, in some ways I cherish that it ended up in my care until it is passed on to someone else.

But, I have to admit that this picture evokes tremendous pain in my soul.  It brings forth my wounded child.  Sadly, this child still longs to be taken care of by a loving mother; longs for the attachment that was never made; longs to be loved by her siblings.

Maybe today I am sitting in vulnerability and my emotions are surfacing more than I would like.  While it is painful, it is not necessarily a negative experience.  It is a sign that I need to work on a part of my soul that has been neglected; a part of me that I keep trying to deny and put aside until I am ready to ‘deal’ with it.  But, this is not how life works.  This is not how the path to wholeness works.  Change refuses to be minimized and neglected, the way the wounded child was minimized and neglected.  Change must be embraced with a loving hug that the wounded child never experienced.  Change must be allowed to grow the soul that was stifled in the wounded child.

One must be open to change whenever it appears on your path.  We are constantly changing whether we realize it or not.  The way to wholeness is to embrace all change and learn the lessons it is trying to teach us.  When we embrace all of our Self, we will move closer to our Creator.  This is what our Self, our Soul longs for…the connectedness to our Creator.  We must overcome the obstacles in our life that have disconnected us from our Creator.  This, my dear readers is what I believe will lead us to wholeness.  This is what will lead us to inner peace.

Peace.

Nico

No comments:

Post a Comment