ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPH AND TITLE

THIS PROFILE PICTURE IS A PAINTING BY SAMUEL BAK. THE TITLE IS "INTERRUPTION". THIS BLOG IS ABOUT CHILDHOOD ABUSE, THE DESTRUCTION IT CAUSES AND HOW I FEEL A CONNECTION TO HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

“A Change Can Do You Good,” 30 Day Creative Challenge (Day 8)


I am not feeling very creative.  In fact, I am feeling drained.   This thought process will have to be my creaivity for today. 


Today, I went to group.  I feel much support there.  It is a very ‘real’ place to be.  There are no illusions in place. 


My problem is with a friend.  I see changes coming in our relationship.  This saddens me.  I know I will do whatever I can do keep the friendship alive, but I have my doubts it will work out.  Our paths have come to a juncture.  We seem to be going in different directions.  This is not necessarily wrong.  We each have our journey to take in this life.  Sometimes, when people go inward to find their inner truth, their true Self, friendships can suffer.  It is not whether one journey is better or more important.  It is not that one person’s thoughts or actions are on a higher level.  Some people change, drop their illusions and begin to view life in a different way.  Some people are not ready for change and cling to their illusions for their survival.  There is no judgment here.  What I feel is loss, abandonment, and sadness.  I know these are my emotions at play, coming from my own issues that are still unresolved. 


I will have to learn the process of detaching with love and compassion, not with anger.  I believe I can do this.  By choosing to let go with gentleness in my heart, I leave the door open for a re-attaching in the future.  However, I will accept the reality that this could be the end of a very long friendship.
 

The following quote is reveals what this friend help me accomplish.  I will be forever grateful for the time we shared. 


“In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” – Albert Schweitzer


Peace,

Nico


 Albrecht Dürer:  Melencolia 1
Engraving Year 1514

2 comments:

  1. It is sad when a friendship ends. We do change and grow, and then our relationships must do that too, or else they are no longer healthy for us. You seem to have lots of insight though Nico. Like the engraving also. take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. some or the other such situations always cross u and its better to learn to deal with them.
    Good times with friends are the greatest memories we have !!

    ReplyDelete