ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPH AND TITLE

THIS PROFILE PICTURE IS A PAINTING BY SAMUEL BAK. THE TITLE IS "INTERRUPTION". THIS BLOG IS ABOUT CHILDHOOD ABUSE, THE DESTRUCTION IT CAUSES AND HOW I FEEL A CONNECTION TO HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Peeling Away the Layers, 30 Day Creative Challenge (Day 7)


Today begins the remodeling of one of our bathrooms.  A while back it was flooded.  A company came in sucked up all the excess water, ripped out the flooring, drilled holes in the bottom of the walls, and brought in huge heaters and dehumidifiers to make sure everything was dry...even the hidden places behind the walls.


Now, I will begin to peel away the wallpaper to get down to the bare walls.  The holes will have to be repaired.  There will be a lot of work required before I can start creating a new, functional bathroom.
 

Let me explain.  When I was thinking about all of these things, I realized that anytime we create something new, whether it is in the physical world or our inner world there is a ‘peeling away’, a dismantling process, a destruction.  We must remove the old, the outdated, and the things which do not fit before we can birth our new creation.
 

So today, as I begin peeling away in the physical world, I will be reminded of the work I need to do in my inner, spiritual world.  I will think about what old ways of thinking and acting need to be cast out of my mind, my heart, my soul to help on my journey to create the Self.  Because, this life is not about our ego or the self (with a small ‘s’).  This life is about becoming connected to our God, Creator, Higher Power, The Source…which is a part of our being called the Self (with a capital ‘S’).  Even when we reach this ‘Self’, our journey of recreation will continue to keep up with the flow of constant change in our universe.  Recreation needs to happen on a daily basis.  If we do not continually clear our minds from the ‘floods’ of which daily life inundates us, I think we will become filled with mold in the dark, damp places behind our ‘walls’.  The ‘holes’ in our hearts and souls will become larger leaving us susceptible to ugliness and evil. 


In my opinion this causes us to slip back into our self egotistical states which only cause harm, not only to our ‘Self’ but to all others in which we have contact.  Since we are human, we must continually strive to find the ‘God within’ and work to stay connected to this Sacred Being; this will help keep us on our ‘Sacred Path’.
 

Peace.
Nico

2 comments:

  1. Great thought... and yeah we can at any instant change our lives.
    Thoughtful read !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post. Says a lot. Safe hugs.

    ReplyDelete