ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPH AND TITLE

THIS PROFILE PICTURE IS A PAINTING BY SAMUEL BAK. THE TITLE IS "INTERRUPTION". THIS BLOG IS ABOUT CHILDHOOD ABUSE, THE DESTRUCTION IT CAUSES AND HOW I FEEL A CONNECTION TO HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

15 Minutes to Live (Day 1) 30 Day Challenge #trust30

The time is near.  I feel my soul slipping away from here.  But, I shed not a tear.

Those around me wail and moan feeling left behind as I move toward my freedom.
If I could speak, I would tell them that I am not leaving.  I am with you now and forever.  Look in your heart and feel my touch, hear my laughter, listen to my voice.  I have not left you.  Speak to me as if I am near.  Reach out and touch me as if I am not invisible.  We can still laugh and cry together as we have done in the past.  Nothing has changed between us really.  Time will seem longer for you, but in a moment I will be with you again.

Live your life.  Do not become stagnant in your tears.  For if you do, you will seem more dead than I. 

When you look around, remember the moments.  Remember to breathe.  Soak in the sun. 

Believe that I am near.  But, when it is time for you to move on, do so with fervor.  There is nothing to regret.

Live your life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi fellow #Trust30 writer.

    I like your musings and looking forward to read more and I see that we share some common views on things. (I think anyway) I will read further of your posts.

    In'Lakesh (as Mayans say), Michi Lantz

    ReplyDelete